Event DateFriday, May 1, 2015 to Saturday, May 30, 2015
This May, in recognition of National Golf Month and in aid of Dementia UK, Thornbury is encouraging non-golfers to try golf (and to help raise awareness of National Golf Month) by taking part in the 30ft Putt Challenge. Everyone can get involved as little skill and only a putter and a golf ball (or similar) are required.
About the 30 Foot Putt Challenge
The 30ft Putt Challenge can be done anywhere and you only need a putter and ball (or similar) to play.
A Few Rules
It’s just a challenge and no golfing expertise is required.
1. Find the most amusing or extreme place to putt.
2. Measure out 30ft, either putt to a hole on a golf course, or place an A4 sheet of paper with a 4 ¼” hole cut out or a paper cup.
3. Make your extreme putt and play until the ball rests in the hole/cup.
4. Video and photograph your challenge and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload onto our Facebook wall.
Facebook: Follow www.facebook.com/nationalgolfmonth then include @nationalgolfmonth and the #GetGolfing hashtag.
Twitter: Use @Nat_Golf_Month and #GetGolfing
5. An optional charity donation to Dementia UK can be made by texting PUTT88 (and the amount of the donation) to 70070